Thursday, November 27, 2008

Welcome back!

Wow, long time no blog!

To be honest, I had completely forgotten about this blog; it's been a long time. Thanks for reminding me. I am sorry you aren't feeling well.

It seems like we never get the chance to talk anymore, and I really miss you. I miss just being able to call you anytime I want, or to jump online and catch you on Yahoo. I just miss you terribly.

I know this was started as a workout/weight loss blog, but I think the time has come to realize it is a STRESS blog. We have both had a very stressful and hard year, and we need to re-connect.

Let's start over and pretend last year never happened. We both had some wins and some losses. We lost a Grandmother. I failed to get the stripe I wanted, but I did get a new position. You had job issues and school troubles.

On the up side, I passed my PT test, you got a new job, and we are all healthy. I guess that's about all we can hope for, huh? It's Thanksgiving Day, and I have a lot to be thankful for indeed. I have a secure job, and a healthy family. I have food on the table and a roof over my head. I have a sister I know loves me unconditionally, as I do her. And I have next year to look forward to.

New goals: Pretty much the same as the old goals. In 2009, I will not just pass my PT test; I will improve my score. I will earn my Master Sergeant stripe. I will lose some weight and improve physically. I am not assigning numbers to my weight loss because I think it is self-defeating. I will not diet, but will try to eat healthier. I simply want to improve. I will knock out at least 6 of the 11 classes I have left to graduate college. I will improve on my leadership abilities so I can lead my unit the way they deserve.

Now, before I go and pass out into a turkey induced coma, I want to tell you I love you, I am proud of you, and I miss you. Take care Little Diver. And call me as soon as your voice returns.

Cocoanut

No comments: